Yes, the Double Down; because of man's insatiable desire for chicken and his tendency toward efficiency, the superfluous bun has been eliminated in favor of fully actualized poultry potential. And it's not even the unhealthiest fast food sandwich ever, maybe! But how to appeal to the locavore organic crowd—who scoffed at this "sandwich" when it first emerged—and solve this "omnivore's dilemma"? Thus I took the advice of the advertisement above and proceeded to "unthink" the Double Down—and reconceive it as a foodie dish created from local, organic ingredients!
Though I initially tried to source all of the ingredients from one of New York's farmers markets, this epiphany came fairly late on a Sunday afternoon. Thus, I was forced instead to trek to the Mecca of lazy foodies, the Whole Foods Market.
- Organic free-range chicken (NY)
- All-natural dry-rubbed salt -cured bacon (NJ)
- Organic cage-free eggs (MA)
- Organic pepper jack cheese (NY)
- Organic cheddar cheese (VT)
- Organic panko bread crumbs (CA)
- All-natural black pepper (WI)
- All-natural sea salt (Italy [whoops!])
In conclusion, a most delicious and volid time was had by all!
And, of course, we at The Volidity Report will gladly accept any further suggestions from you, dear reader, of deindustrialized fast food or haute street cart cuisine...